EHV/UHV Transmission, Insulation Engg
Pollution & Multi stress aging Studies
Condition monitoring & Failure analysis
Numerical methods to HV Engg
Studies on HPC & HTLS Conductors
Lightning protection, Earthing
Renewables, Smart grids, Smart metering.
- Ph.D IISc, Bangalore 2011
- M.Sc.(Engg) IISc, Bangalore 2003
- M.B.A IGNOU, New-Delhi 1999
- B.E(Electrical) Karnatak Univ, Dharwad 1989
Courses offered in the last five years
- E5 201: Production, Measurement and Application of High Voltage (2:1) (Core)
- E5 232: Advances in Electric Power Transmission (2:1) (Elective)
- E5 231: Outdoor Insulation (2:1) (Elective)
- NPTEL/MOOC on-line: Advances in UHV Transmission and Distribution
- NPTEL/MOOC on-line: Recent Advances in Transmission Insulators
Awards / Honours / Affiliations
- POWERGRID-IEEE India Council Excellence Award for outstanding contribution to Indian Power sector
- Appreciation certificate for fostering an ecosystem bridging Government, Industry and Academia, by TEXAS INSTRUMENTS
- Outstanding Service Award to Indian Insulator Industry, by M/s Aditya Birla Insulators, India.
- NRDC-Meritorious Societal Invention Award: Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- Distinguished Alumnus Award: K L E Society’s College of Engg & Technology, Belgaum, India.
- HERITAGE-Erasmus Mundas Fellowship, by EUROPEAN Commission.
- INAE-Innovative Project National Award for best PhD Thesis, INAE New-Delhi
- ISTE-L&T National Award (First prize) for best Master’s Thesis in Electrical/Electronic Engg
- Several best paper presentation awards at International/National conferences
- Appreciation Certificate: Bangalore Association for Science Education, J N Planetarium.
- Member: Governing Council, Board of studies, Advisory board for many Engineering Institutes
- Fellow, Society of Power Engineers, CBIP, New-Delhi
- Fellow, Institution of Engineers (India)
- Senior Member, IEEE and Member IEEE Eta-Kappa Nu, USA
- Distinguished Member, Engineers welfare forum, West-Bengal Power Development Corpn ltd