Current Research areas
Ultra-High Voltage Transmission, Insulation Engg
Pollution & Multi stress aging Studies
Condition monitoring & Failure analysis
Applications of Numerical techniques to HV Engg
Lightning protection, Earthing, safety issues
Renewables, Smart grids, Smart metering, Electric Vehicles.
- Ph.D IISc, Bangalore 2011
- M.Sc.(Engg) IISc, Bangalore 2003
- M.B.A IGNOU, New-Delhi 1999
- B.E(Electrical) Karnatak Univ, Dharwad 1989
Courses offered in the last five years
- E5 201: Production, Measurement and Application of High Voltage (2:1) (Core)
- E5 232: Advances in Electric Power Transmission (2:1) (Elective)
- E5 231: Outdoor Insulation (2:1) (Elective)
- NPTEL/MOOC on-line: Advances in UHV Transmission and Distribution
- NPTEL/MOOC on-line: Recent Advances in Transmission Insulators
Awards / Honours / Affiliations
· IEEE-IAS Global Research Excellence Award for outstanding contribution to Research and the Society, IEEE-IAS GlobeConHT Conference, Maldives National University, March 2023.
· Erasmus Teaching Mobility Fellowship, EUROPEAN Commission, Lublin University of Technology, Poland, June 2022
· POWERGRID-IEEE India Council Excellence Award for outstanding contribution to Indian Power sector, Dec 2021
· Appreciation certificate for fostering an ecosystem bridging Government, Industry and Academia, by TEXAS INSTRUMENTS -2019
· Outstanding Service Award to Indian Insulator Industry, M/s Aditya Birla Insulators, Kolkatta, India, 2013
· National Research Development Council: Meritorious Societal Invention Award, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, 2013
· Distinguished Alumnus Award: K L E Society’s College of Engg & Technology, Belgaum, India, 2013
· INAE-Innovative Project National Award for best PhD Thesis, INAE New-Delhi, 2012
· ISTE-L&T National Award (First prize) for best Master’s Thesis in Electrical/Electronic Engg, 2003
· Several best paper presentation awards at International/National conferences
· Appreciation Certificate: Bangalore Association for Science Education, J N Planetarium.
· Member: Governing Council, Board of studies, Advisory board for Several Engineering Institutes.
· Member Governing Council, Skill Development unit, HAL Management academy.
· Fellow, Society of Power Engineers, CBIP, New-Delhi
· Fellow, Institution of Engineers (India)
· Senior Member, IEEE and Member IEEE Eta-Kappa Nu, USA
· Distinguished Member, Engineers welfare forum, West-Bengal Power Development Corpn limited.
· Member, CIGRE National Study Committee -B4: “HVDC System & Power Electronics“.
· Member, CIGRE National Study Committee -B2: “Overhead Transmission Lines”.
· Member, National committee to formulate Safety standards for Electric Vehicles, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India.