Current Research areas
Statistical issues in Machine Learning
- Ph.D. IISc, Bangalore – 1985
- BE IISc, Bangalore – 1981
- B.Sc.(Hons), IIT, Kharagpur -1978
Courses offered in the last five years
- E1 222: Stochastic Models and Applications
- E1 213: Pattern Recognition and Neural Networks
Awards / Honours / Affiliations
- Most Valuable Colleague Award, General Motors Corp., USA, 2006.
- Hari Om Ashram Prerit Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Research Award, 2003.
- Sir C.V.Raman Young Scientist Award, 1999.
- Indo-US Science and Technology Fellowship, 1992.
- Alumni Medal for best thesis, I.I.Sc., 1985-86.
- Associate Editor, IEEE Trans. Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part-B (since 2001).
- Associate Editor, IEEE Trans. Automation Science and Engineering (2007-10).
- Fellow, National Academy of Sciences India (NASI).
- Fellow, Indian National Academy of Engineering.
- Senior Member, IEEE.